So, you have decided you want to organise a conference? What fun and congratulations! The road ahead takes a little bit of planning but all in all, it will be an exciting and rewarding experience.
Before going any further, we would recommend that you decide on the five key elements of the conference which include but are not limited to: What? When? Where? Who? and How?
- What are the main aims of the conference? What format do you wish to follow – in person, online or a hybrid format?
- When would you like the conference to take place?
- Where is the conference going to be held?
- Who is the target audience?
- How are you going to make sure you have a team to plan and run this conference with you?
Let’s take each point in turn and address it. More specific details can be found in other chapters of the Handbook.